Sending help to Dallas
With severe winter weather continuing to affect several states, Alabama Power is sending additional resources to help restore electricity to people in Texas.
On Saturday morning, Dec. 7, approximately 175 Alabama Power personnel were scheduled to leave Alabama to join about 175 company employees already working in and around Plano, north of Dallas. Another 60 contract workers are also assisting in the restoration work in Texas. The deployment of these workers should not impact our ability to handle any weather-related issues in our own service territory.
Note to media: There are no plans for any organized rollout, suitable for a photo or video opportunity.
Sound file with company spokesman Ike Pigott (PIG'-utt)
- Overview (:34)
- Scholars hope a two-year exploration will help find the site of an epic Alabama battle
- Songs more than melodies at Dugger Mountain Music Hall
- Ideas for quick and affordable summer getaways
- Splash pads offer Alabama families cool, affordable fun on hot summer days
- Good Roots grant winners announced statewide